Last Updated: 18th May 2018
Answers to Business Limited T/A Insight Consultancy (“IC”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a UK based company, with its principal office located at The Innovation Centre, 49 Oxford Street, Leicester LE1 5XY and for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), we are the data controller.
1. WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES IC RECEIVE WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE?
IC receives Personal Information or General Usage Information from you when you visit our website. By “Personal Information”, we mean information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, login information, mailing address, address, job title, company name and other information that personally identifies you. IC only receives Personal Information about you if you choose to provide it to us.
IC receives Personal Information from you when you:
● Register for a IC event;
● Sign-up to our newsletter;
● Register for a promotion or contest;
● Apply for a job via the “Careers” section of the Website; or
● Ask us a question or send feedback using IC contact information available on the Website.
We will also receive your Personal Information when our Website directs you to a third party’s website to complete one of the above transactions, such as a website that processes your registration and credit card information for an IC event or signs you up for our mailing list.
By “General Usage Information”, we mean your browser information, your IP address, location information, device information including, identifier, name, and type of operating system, mobile network information, and standard web information, such as browser type and the pages you access on the Website and other information regarding your use of the Website.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
In general, we use your Personal Information to complete the transaction that you have requested from us. For example, we will use your Personal Information to:
● Communicate with you;
● Establish or verify your identity;
● Provide the products, services or user documentation which you have requested;
● Send notices to you about your transactions such as but not limited to invoices and statements;
● Respond to you about your job application;
● Address the question or feedback which you have sent to us; an
If you have opted in to marketing, we will also use your Personal Information to tell you about IC news, events, products and services that we think may be of interest to you. In addition, we will use your Personal Information to seek feedback from you after you have purchased an IC product or service, attended an event, taken a training course, or entered into some other transaction with us. If you do not wish to receive these types of communication from us, you can let us know at any time in one of the ways described under “How can you contact IC about your Personal Information” below.
With respect to General Usage Information, IC will use this information to monitor, protect, maintain and improve its Website, to measure and understand the effectiveness of the content IC serves to you and others, and to personalise the Website to ensure content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVE ABOUT YOU?
IC does not sell your Personal Information or General Usage Information to anyone. Nor do we provide this information to non-IC parties to market non-IC products to you. IC will share your Personal Information and General Usage Information with the following categories of recipients:
● IC employees, contractors and consultants (including employees, contractors and consultants of IC subsidiaries and affiliated companies), in India and elsewhere, who have a need to know your information to provide IC products, services and information to you;
● Non-IC parties who assist IC with providing IC products, services and information to you, such as but not limited to Website and Email Hosting providers ; Website Plugin providers (for website functionality purposes); Email Marketing providers; Business CRM providers; Cloud Service providers; Online Analytics tool providers; Website Content Management system providers; Project Management tool providers; Accounting software providers Social Media platforms. located in the UK and other parts of the world; and
● Non-IC parties such as hosting, analytics and search engine providers located in United States, Europe and India and which store your personal data in United States and Europe and India that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website and who may have access to your Personal Information.
Whenever we provide your Personal Information to non-IC parties, we enter into agreements with these parties that restrict use of your information only to the extent necessary for the non-IC party to provide services to IC .
IC will also disclose your information if we are required to do so by law,, or in urgent circumstances to protect personal safety, the public, or our Website.
We will also disclose your information to third parties in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets or if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
4. WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where the GDPR applies, you should be aware that this Website is hosted, and some IC companies and service providers who process your Personal Information are located, in the United States, Europe and India. These countries do not always provide the same level of protection for your information. In these circumstances, your Personal Information is transferred within the IC group by way of the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of Personal Information to third countries, pursuant to Decision 2004/915/EC or by way of the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of Personal Information to third countries, pursuant to Decision 2010/87/EU (together, the “Model Clauses”). A copy of the Model Clauses may be obtained on your request to email@example.com
5. HOW DOES IC PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
IC protects your Personal Information by maintaining up-to-date physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. For example, we use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. In addition, we only allow employees to access Personal Information only when required fulfil their job responsibilities.
6. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your Personal Information as follows (unless you have consented to joining our mailing list in which case your contact details will be removed only when you unsubscribe);
● if you contact us via email we will keep your data 14 months after; and
● your General Usage Information for 14 months
● the retention period details in section 6 may be extended or increase if you engage IC to provide services to you or your company. Any extension will be detailed in the contractual agreement you have with IC
7. YOUR RIGHTS
In certain circumstances you have rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests.. To exercise any of your rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, in such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
● Access: You have the right to know whether we process Personal Information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
● Correction: You have the right to require us to correct any Personal Information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed.
● Erasure: You may request that we erase the Personal Information we hold about you in the following circumstances: where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data; where we are processing it on the basis of your consent & you wish to withdraw your consent; where we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest & you object to such processing; where you no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing or you believe we are unlawfully processing your data. Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure.
● Restriction of Processing to Storage Only: You have a right to require us to stop processing the Personal Information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances: you believe the personal data is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate; where we wish to erase the Personal Information as the processing we are doing is unlawful but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data; where we no longer need the Personal Information for the purposes of the processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and where you have objected to us processing personal data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the Personal Information whilst we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such Personal Information.
● Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your Personal Information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
Objection to Marketing
At any time you have the right to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you promotions, special offers and marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
Like many websites, our Website uses “cookies” to collect information about how our website is used. A cookie is a small data text file which a website stores on your computer’s hard drive, if permitted by your web browser. A cookie can later be retrieved to identify you to us. For example, cookies can securely store a user’s password, identify which parts of a site have been visited, and keep track of past selections.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to notify you when you have received a cookie, or alternatively, to refuse to accept cookies. However, you may not be able to use certain features on our website if you choose not to accept cookies. You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
To find out more about the Cookies used on our website please see our Cookies Policy Page.
We use Google Analytics and similar web analytics tools that help us to understand how users engage with the Website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
7. DO NOT TRACK
Some web browsers give the ability to prevent tracking of your online activity by setting a preference in your browser alerting websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activities. This is referred to as a Do Not Track (“DNT”) signal. This is different than blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with an enabled DNT Signal may still accept cookies.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
9. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT IC ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
From time to time you will receive an e-mail or other communication from us regarding IC products, services or information which we believe to be of interest to you. If you are not interested in receiving this information, you may follow the instructions in the communication explaining how you may be removed from our distribution list. Alternatively, or if there are no instructions in the communication, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting removal from our distribution list. We will endeavour to take prompt action to process your request.
You may send all other inquiries regarding your Personal Information, including requests to correct or update your Personal Information, to email@example.com
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your Personal Information, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.